Why is it important to use a local REALTOR®? Well for starters, Realtors® aren’t just agents… We are members of the National Association of Realtors and follow its strict code of ethics. This means that that we look out for your best interests, always putting them before our own. Being a local Realtor® provides clients with even greater advantages.. We don’t just know the market, we have grown up in this community and know the neighborhoods inside and out.
Local Realtor® differences benefitting home buyers & sellers:
- Expert Guidance. Buying or selling a home requires loads and loads of paperwork.. Forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents, all held to the highest legal standards. And there is a whole lot of jargon involved, so it’s important to work with a professional who can speak the language. If you even hiccup on one of these documents, you may find yourself in a world of trouble. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal and avoid costly mistakes.
- Provide local objective information & opinions. Realtors® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. We also have objective information on each property and can use that data to help you determine whether the property is what you need. We will run the comps, provide details about neighborhoods, decide what is a fair market value for a home, and advise you (as our client) accordingly.
- The Local Advantage. Born and raised in Fort Worth, I know this city well and I have watched it grow. Not only am I knowledgeable of the housing market here, I know the neighborhoods, surrounding cities, schools, people, and community like the back of my hand.
- Property marketing power. It’s hard to sell a property that is only seen from a sign in the yard. But even beyond that, property does not sell due to advertising alone. A large portion of real estate sales comes as a result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, co-workers, and family. Being from Fort Worth, I have an extensive network of people to work with and reach out to. Plus, when a Realtor® markets your property, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your realtor® will generally pre-screen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. When discussing a deal, a million different factors come into play. A Realtor® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change often (especially since the 2008 market crash). Realtors® handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career and stay up to date with current requirements and procedures.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than just a building… As the saying goes, “Life takes you to unexpected places, Love brings you home.” And for most people, purchasing a property represents the biggest purchase they will ever make. Buying a home can be an emotional rollercoaster, and it can be easy to lose your cool when you are running the deal solo. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every Realtor® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a Realtor® client, you can expect honest & ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. We put your interests first and will always have your back.
If you are looking for a realtor in the Fort Worth area, look no further. Give me a call at 817-734-3432 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your next home purchase, sale, or rental.
-Lauren Williams, Your Local Realtor® with Chisholm Realtors